Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Thinking Back and Thinking Forward....

Heavy Contemplation at the Anniversary of Katrina......


Since I don't and have not had cable for 14 years, I find PBS the best source for news and science programming.

Tonight was just such a great night for scientific/weather/earth watch with the NOVA program on Hurricane Katrina. A subject hard for me to handle but close to my heart, since I was born in south Louisiana, and raised on the west bank of New Orleans. I spent a lot of time growing up at Cafe DuMonde. I remember most fondly the New Orleans Was Museum, and no matter how many times I visited it, I was always riveted, especially with the Chamber of Horrors and the swinging pendulum!!! Oh, the things we remember!!

It's difficult for me to watch the programming around Katrina, yet, I'm fascinated and drawn to it as though if I learned something from watching it, I could DO something to go back and change it all! Ahh, the dreamer in me!!

If you are interested in the hurricane of all hurricanes, visit these links and watch it for yourself. It's all related to global warming, and it's not going to be getting better anytime immediately soon, so preparation is probably a good bet.

Hurricane Katrina

The Storm That Drowned a City

Dimming The Sun

New Orleans residents Protesting Bush's Visit!!


Also, Check out Voice of America photos of New Orleans before and after Katrina!

No comments: