Saturday, April 21, 2007

Dangers in Pretty Packages......


I sometimes stop by the Dollar Store to pick up my favorite Dollar Store item: the superconvienient Doggy Poop Bags. They are plastic, but this is the one thing I'm not sure how to change...I have to have the plastic to pick up the poop! It's the perfect size for little doggy doodys and are the best buck a girl with a dog could spend. I sometimes stop and smell the lotions and see if there really is a deal in there that can't be beat for a buck other than the fabulous PB's (Poop Bags!). I recently bought these really yummy smelling girly lotions, thinking I would keep one for myself, give one to the daughter, and one to my mom or a friend...Well, the boyfriend pointed out that there are some pretty scary ingredients in my lovely girly lotion!

The specific culprits of concern are:
Methylparaben
Propylparaben
Please Follow These Links!!!
CANCER CAUSING CHEMICALS!!!!

Again, I am brought back to my research and realizations about the fact that I really have to change my consuming habits, read labels, and only patronize businesses and companies that are trying to NOT kill me with their cosmetics and foods!

I really do hate waste, but what I have decided to do is to dispose of the lotions inside and clean the little containers out and use them for tacks, paper clips or other art findings and things....

I'm thinking about starting to make my own lotions. Actually, the boyfriend has made me some body lotions in the past....I am going to have a little conference and I'll get a recipe for you!

Until next time, READ YOUR LABLES!
RESEARCH and KNOW WHAT YOU'RE USING!!!

1 comment:

Pesk said...

I have recently given up one cancer causing pleasure, now I shall have to keep my eyes out for any others lurking inside body creams. Hell, nothing is safe.