Friday, April 6, 2007

WELCOME to my new blog for healthier living ideas and for a movement toward a simpler, more sustainable, conscious lifestyle.

The recent pet food recall really got me kicked into "activist" mode. I've always been one to want to fight for justice - and now, I'm waking up to the seriousness of what's in not only our animals' food, but our food, cosmetics, you name it, there's something bad in it! So, I'm seeking out healthier alternatives and simpler living, and if we all do the same, we CAN make a difference. I hope that even in your busy life, you will take the time to do your own research and make up your own mind about what you are willing to do for yours & your families' health and peace of mind. Please feel free to send me links and ideas to share. I plan to grow this resource page and share it with everyone! Please help me spread the word and send the link to anyone you believe will have an interest in these areas! I'll be working hard on my end to do my part and I hope you will too. Find places to shop, places to eat that are better for you and the planet. A lot of little steps make up a lot of distance, and it's obvious that we have a long way to go.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The text "Medical Nutrition from Marz" by naturopathic author and instructor Russell B. Marz is considered by many to be one of the most insightful offerings on the subject of what we put into our bodies. ( and perhaps more importantly, what we should not )
As an internationally recognized figure in the area of educational reference materials, Dr.M's advice blends common sense with some little known facts that will come as a surprise to many who believe that they are living a healthy lifestyle. For example, have you identified and reduced your intake of the foods that you are allergic to? Yes, you!